Spring can't come any sooner!
Spring is probably the most anticipated season of the year for anyone. Winter can be so long and draining and by the end of January, you've had enough and you just start pretending its already spring. I mean, am I right? Well I have and it comes in the form of lots of fresh fruit, cut flowers, and sweet dranks like this one.
Peaches are on my top 5 favorite fruits. So if there's any chance I can use them in a drink or dessert, you can bet I will.
These margaritas are so refreshing and suuuper easy to make. You can also substitute the tequila for any preferred liquor. I'd definitely like to try these out with brandy (cause you know how much I love my brandy).
- 3 juicy peaches
- 3 tbsp tequila (white tequila is best; ex. Patron Silver)
- 1 tbsp Triple sec
- 1 tbsp sugar
- juice of 1 lemon, more to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Chop up 2 of your peaches and slice the 3rd one for garnish.
- Add chopped peaches to a blender. Top with tequila, triple sec, lemon juice, sugar and honey. Blend until totally smooth. (If it seems thick, add a tbsp of water at a time until it blends velvety and smooth).
- Give your drink a taste-test. Feel free to add more honey, lemon juice, sugar, etc.
- Pour over ice and top with peach wedges.
Recipe adapted from The Clever Carrot.