Let's be serious.. donuts are really what makes the world go around.
I've been on a donut kick lately. I finally bought a donut pan and its the best thing in the world. I've been experimenting a lot with different donut flavors. I even made a coconut & lime donut and it was pretty dang good. I'll add that one up later on but today were focusing on these heavenly, good ol' fashioned cinnamon baked donuts with a cinnamon glaze. YUM. They're pretty irresisable. So you've now been warned.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
In a small saucepan bring together the milk, white vinegar, vanilla, egg, and butter.
Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until the butter melts, about one minute. Remove from heat.
Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture; mix just until combined.
Using a large tablespoon, spoon the doughnut mixture into an ungreased doughnut pan.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove and let rest in pan for 2 minutes.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and the cinnamon.
- Slowly add the milk by tablespoons while whisking.
- The glaze should be fairly stiff. But if it's not slowly sliding off the whisk, add a teaspoon more milk.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Let them dry for about 10 minutes & enjoy!
Donut base recipe adapted from diethood